Current News and Upcoming Events
Below are current news and upcoming event listings relative to recirculating farming. Do you know about an event or media piece that should be posted here? Please tell us so we can include it!
Sahib Aquaponics Training Class
Orlando, FL | Classes on a rolling basis
Register early – limited class size for a personalized training. Experienced Aquaponics gardeners will share their knowledge to empower you to grow your food locally and grow it naturally! They use simple language and will take their time to ensure that you understand and learn. Get more information or register here!
Nelson & Pade Aquaponics Master Class
Montello, WI | December 3 – 5, 2015
Sedona and Camp Verde, AZ | February 4 – 6, 2016
Montello, WI | March 17 – 19, 2016
Montello, WI | April 28 – 30, 2016
This comprehensive course will cover all aspects of aquaponics and controlled environment agriculture in a format that incorporates classroom lectures, demonstrations and hands-on greenhouse sessions. Topics will include aquaponic methods, crop choices, water quality, growing techniques, environmental control, fish biology and feeds, plant care and health, and business considerations. Through a partnership with the University of Wisconsin — Stevens Point, attendees can earn transferable college credit for completing the course.
Click here to learn more and to register!
Recirculating Aquaculture Systems and Technology Workshop
Apopka, FL | December 9 – 11, 2015
This workshop is designed for a broad audience. We will seek to provide non-biased, research-based information to those that are interested in, or those using recirculating aquaculture fish production systems. The information presented comes either from the firsthand research results and experiences of the presenters or those of collaborators or colleagues around the world. Workshop registration includes a technical workbook, memory stick with applicable resource materials, hands on learning in our World Aquaculture Technology Engineering and Research Facility, break refreshments, and lunch each day. Click here for more information and to register!
Middle East & Central Asia Aquaculture 2015
Tehran, Iran | December 14 – 16, 2015
The First Middle East and Central Asia Aquaculture Conference will include several renowned aquaculture meetings and provide a truly international platform for academics, aquaculture experts and industry alike, to share knowledge, have peer engagements, meet with potential business partners and tap new markets in aquaculture. We are very grateful to bring WAS with its dynamic aquaculture platform for the first time to Iran, the potential development of aquaculture in the Middle East. The growing aquaculture market in the Middle East has drawn a lot of attention for new investment of improved culture technology, knowledge transferring and industry networking. Please join us for this promising event. Click here to learn more and to register!
World Aquaculture Society: Aquaculture 2016
Las Vegas, NV | February 22 – 26, 2016
The Triennial is the largest aquaculture conference and tradeshow held in the world with nearly 4000 attendees from over 90 countries and even more countries are expected to have attendees at AQUACULTURE 2016. The Triennial combines the annual meetings of the World Fish Culture Section of the American Fisheries Society, and the National Aquaculture Association. Check out what they have to offer and register here!
The 5th University of Florida Water Institute Symposium
Gainesville, FL | February 16-17, 2016
You are invited to participate in the 5th biennial UF Water Institute Symposium, focused on understanding causes of trends, cycles and extreme events and their consequences for human, agricultural and natural systems. The symposium will bring together individuals from a variety of institutions, disciplines and perspectives. Presentations, poster sessions and panel discussions will focus on new science, technology, and policy that address:
• DRIVERS of and interactions among trends, cycles and extreme events
• IMPACTS to coastal, surface water and aquifer systems
• SOLUTIONS that integrate science, technology, policy and management
Hydroponic Greenhouse Tomato Production Intensive Course
Tucson, AZ | January 3 – 8, 2016
• Hands-on intensive training in hydroponic crop production focusing on tomatoes and/or lettuce
• Trainings, balancing classroom and greenhouse time, is provided by professionals in the growing fields of Hydroponics and Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA)
• Round Table Discussion with Top Greenhouse Engineers
Click here for more information and to register!
Hydroponic Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course
Tucson, AZ | March 20 – 25, 2016
• Lectures from over a dozen prominent Controlled Environment Agriculture experts from around the country
• The choice of 9 different hands-on workshops that focus on different aspects of Controlled Environment Agriculture
• Great networking opportunities with peers and experts from all over the world
• Exhibitor room where you can meet with up to dozen companies representing various aspects of CEA
• Alternative webcast attendance option where students can watch lectures and ask questions from their own computer
• Opportunity to take a commercial greenhouse tour
Click here for more information or to register!
7th Annual Small Farm Conference: Creating and Sustaining Small Farmers and Ranchers
Virginia Beach, VA | September 20-22, 2016
• Learn about strategies for creating and sustaining small farmers and ranchers for enhanced farm income and improved quality of life.
• Hear success stories from small farm activities.
• Discover innovative ideas in research, extension and outreach to strengthen collaboration and partnership among state specialists who work to ensure that small farmers and ranchers not only survive but thrive in today’s economy.
Click here for more information and to register!
3rd International Conference on Aquaculture & Fisheries
London, United Kingdom | September 29-October 01, 2016
Click here to register!
Recirculating Farming in the News (recent national media)